POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a Friday abstract (97.4kb jpg) : a Friday abstract (97.4kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  a Friday abstract (97.4kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Nov 2007 21:37:23
Message: <4750c8e3@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,

The first pass was rendered with MegaPov, the second (glare effect) with
3.7b23.

For the SSS I employed a home brew projection pattern setup. This
simulates not only subsurface scattering but also a 'real' ball-shaped
area light.

The idea for this image came earlier when I was messing around with
Apophysis, and thought a particular image would make a great height_field.

Questions and comments are always welcome~

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'luminous_bloom2_17.jpg' (98 KB)

Preview of image 'luminous_bloom2_17.jpg'
luminous_bloom2_17.jpg